- What is ayurveda in general terminolgy?
Ayurveda names three elemental substances, the doshas called:
- Vata (Air + Ether)
- Pitta (Fire Water)
- Kapha (Earth + Water)
The states that a balance of the doshas results in health, while imbalance results in disease.
- Kind of Constitution according with the “Doshas”
There is a small introduction for each concept.
Vata Constitution à Generally Physically undeveloped, their chest are flat and their veins and muscle tendons are visible.
Complexion is brown, skin is cold, rough, dry and cracked.
Medium size with thin frames wichi reveal prominent joints and bone-ends because of poor muscle development. Hair curly and scanty…
These people are creative, active, alert and restless. They talk fast and walk fast but they are easily fatigued…
Pitta Constitution à Medium height, slender and body frame may be delicate, medium prominenece of veins and muscle tendons. Moles or freckles, muscle development is moderate…
Good power of comprehension, they are very intelligent and sharp and tend to be good orators. They have emotional tendencies toward hate, anger and jealousy.
They are ambitious people who generally like to be leaders. Appreciate material prosperity and they tend to be moderately well-off financially. They enjoy exhitibing their wealth and luxurious possessions…
Kapha Constitution à Well-developed bodies, a strong tendency for these individuals to carry excess weight. Their chests are expanded and broad, veins and tendons not obvious because heir thick skin good development muscle.
Healthy, happy and peaceful.
Tolerant, calm, forgiving and loving, traits of greed, attachment, envy and possessiveness. Comprehension is slow..
Tend to be wealthy, they earn money and are good at holding on to it.
- How to know which “Dosha”are you belong to?
In the following images you can check yourself which prevalent dosha, because all of us we have the three of them in highest or lowest per centage.
So take a pen/pencil and note all the marks in a notebook.
- Another aspect to take into account according with our “Dosha”.
There are a lof of difference variances that we can check in order to clasifical ourselves in one of this group.
- Aspect of constitution.
- Examination of urine.
- The 20 attributes of Gunas and their actions.
- Identification of the pulse.
- Tongue Diagnosis (Jihva).
- Lip Diagnosis (Ostha)
- Nail Diagnosis
- Eye Diagnosis
- Practice different kind of breathing for each constitution.
- Practice different kind of asanas for each constitution.
According with the Prakruti (The Human Constituion Test) my results are:
I´m; 13 Kapha , 4 Vata and 3 Pita
Therefore according with the previous groups described upper and the different results I will be able to create a new routine and healthy life style.
- Ayurveda, The Science of Self-Healing. (Dr. Vasant Lad) A Practical Guide.
- Ayurveda, 3º Edition. Las Mejores Técnicas para Conseguir una Belleza Verdadera. (Pratima Raichur). Ed. Amat